18 May Recruitment: eLearning Instructional Designer
SHRC produce bespoke, high-quality learning materials across a spectrum of delivery methods including face-to-face, blended learning and fully online courses. We develop highly effective eLearning and performance support solutions to deliver valuable skills and awareness training through meaningful, engaging, and motivating learning experiences. Our team of learning specialists and instructional and graphic designers provide innovative learning solutions to suit the unique needs of both the client and learner. The eLearning team comprises a small group of dedicated learning professionals who are responsible for supporting client organisations achieve their learning goals.
In 2013 SHRC launched The Learning Rooms (www.thelearningrooms.com). It allows SHRC to deliver full eLearning courses and blended learning programmes to our client organisations as well as individuals.
About the Job
As a growing company, we now wish to recruit a talented and enthusiastic Instructional Designer to develop creative solutions for a range of online educational projects. The successful applicant will be responsible for the design of quality eLearning courses and materials utilising a range of development technologies. This is a content writing, storyboarding and instructional design role and requires strong communication, visualisation and writing skills. The successful applicant will work with subject matter experts to write instructional materials that facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and engaging manner. The successful candidate will work alongside the visual design team to ensure the content is developed in line with the storyboards.
- Write engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer
- Work with subject matter experts and identify target audience’s training needs
- State instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Visualise instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Identify the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
- Evaluate the effectiveness of courses and materials.
- Proven experience in instructional design
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System
- Visual design skills and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Third level qualification in instructional design, educational technology or similar.
Location: Sandyford, Dublin 18
To apply for this role, please send samples of your work and your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About SHRC Limited
Established in 2001, we have a passion for helping our clients build better workplaces for their organisation and people. We achieve the results clients need by providing a full range of highly effective eLearning, training and HR consultancy. Our skilled team of learning and HR professionals work collaboratively with organisations to deliver specialised, best-in-class and creative solutions in line with their goals and strategy. People are core to SHRC. We treat all clients with respect, in confidence and in a friendly and professional manner. SHRC Limited is an equal opportunities employer.