12 Jun Recruitment: eLearning Designer/Developer
One-year contract with the possibility of extension
About The Learning Rooms
The Learning Rooms is a digital learning services company that designs, develops and delivers technology-based training solutions to help organisations and their people improve their performance. We develop highly effective eLearning and performance support solutions to deliver valuable skills and awareness training through meaningful, engaging, and motivating learning experiences. Our team of learning specialists and multimedia designers provide innovative learning solutions to suit the unique needs of both the client and learner.
The Learning Rooms is a trading name of SHRC Limited. SHRC are a team of learning and HR professionals passionate about making a real difference and dedicated to creating better workplaces. We understand that all organisations are unique and will have their own specific set of challenges. We respond to clients needs by deliveringcreative and collaborative, solutions to our projects. From working with individuals right up to the whole organisation, SHRC’s world-class eLearning, training and HR solutions make a real difference.
About the Job
We wish to recruit a talented and enthusiastic eLearning Designer/Developer who is interested in developing creative solutions for a range of educational projects. The role is initially 12 months, however this may be extended depending on projects and demonstrated performance.
The key responsibility will be to design and create engaging, effective eLearning courses based on an instructional design storyboard. This includes creating SCORM content using Articulate Storyline and other eLearning development tools. The role also requires building quizzes and interactivity; audio and video recording and editing; developing animations; testing courses prior to release; and maintaining and refreshing content in existing eLearning courses.
This role requires strong graphic, information and communication design skills, as well as the technical ability to develop interactive multimedia materials to be delivered on a range of web-based systems including WordPress and Moodle.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a multimedia or digital learning environment.
- Excellent skills in Rapid Authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline or Adobe Captivate.
- Experience in the design and building of interactive multimedia.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, After-Effects.
- Strong understanding of current and future web/education technologies.
- Ability to develop and design creative solutions that adhere to best practice design principles.
- Professional portfolio of digital design and eLearning work.
- Experience of working with Learning Management Systems e.g. Moodle.
- Working knowledge of any of the following; Audio/Video editing, Animation tools, SCORM, HTML5.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to plan and adhere to a quality assurance schedule.
- Passionate about creating world class interactive learning.
- A keen interest in learning technologies.
Location: Sandyford, Dublin 18
Start Date: August 2018
We offer a competitive salary, in a flexible working environment with pension contribution after one year of service. This challenging role offers excellent opportunities for development and experience.
To apply for this role, please send your curriculum vitae and your portfolio to email@example.com.